Tuesday, April 22, 2014

West Ashley Bikeway

This morning we loaded up our bikes and drove into West Ashley (an area of Charleston).  I had read about the West Ashley Bikeway and wanted to give it a try.  Ah, but I do love being retired and being able to do these things during the week.

We parked the truck near Wappoo Road and found the little bit of paved road that headed east.  The trail is short - just two and a half miles but it is beautiful.   Parts of the trail are very rough where big tree roots have taken over and crumpled the asphalt.  I didn't want to go too fast!  But we road along a small creek for a bit, saw lovely ponds and bridges and ended up at the Ashley River.  What we didn't see were other bikers.  Only 2 walkers the whole way and back.

I only carried my pocket camera so the photos aren't what they should be.
No, Kirby is not falling off his bike.  He spotted lots of turtles and stopped to enjoy them.



No comments: