Thursday, April 3, 2014

If a Tree Falls In the Forest.....


Well, I still don't know if it makes a noise if no one is there to hear it but I do know that if there IS someone there, it does make a noise.  I saw a big pine tree just decide to lay down today.  A first for me.  Jake and I were out for an afternoon walk and I just happened to be looking right where the tree was and saw it fall.  It was an amazing sight.

Since we don't have sewer here we decided to use the campground showers today to save our holding tank as we want to stay until the middle of next week.  (we love Beaver Dam Campground in Louisiana!) And we needed showers!  The whole thing was very iffy but I was successful in the end.  The water pressure was good and I didn't have to keep pushing a button like so many of them. (Can you count how many times the floor has been painted?)  Just as we were finishing up (Kirby in one shower and me in the other) the park host arrived to do his daily cleaning and didn't know we were in there and thank heavens there was a little bitty clasp on my door!  We are both much cleaner this evening.

Jake and I took a walk after dinner.  Here are some of the photos.
The dogwoods are in full bloom!

I am in love with these seeds.  They look like red M&M's!  But I have no clue what they are.  Can anyone help?
Even the little weeds are blooming with color.
This is Beaver Dam Lake with Jake in the foreground of course.

1 comment:

Pixel Peeper said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

I love your dogwood pictures. I always enjoyed the dogwoods in South Carolina when they were in bloom. Now we live in Florida, and I don't see any.