Thursday, April 24, 2014

Arrival at Buck Hall Recreation Area



Getting all set up for our stay
I just told Kirby, I need to write my blog because we moved and I am so happy!  We are all happy!  We are back to Buck Hall Recreation Area where we have spent so many happy hours in the past years.  It just feels right and feels natural.  The lawns are green and the trees are that amazing spring green.  The water is in the Intra-Coastal Waterway just like it is supposed to be and our favorite camp host is here like he is supposed to be!  I can hardly wait for morning as so often there are wonderful sunrises over the water. 
This was taken last year when we were here at Buck Hall
 We left our great spot at the SRC (Scientific Research Corporation) parking lot.  What an experience that was.  We got wonderful visits with friends and had good family time. During the week there were cars zooming around all over the place and constant trains moving around.  The weekend was very quiet.  Last night the trains seemed noisier than usual and I don’t think any of us slept that well.  Well, tonight it will be awesome quiet!

We arrived here just before check in time and found our Camp Host, Pat, right there to greet us.  Pat was the host last year when we were here and I have kept up with him on his blog for the past year.  His writing is so fun and interesting.  Please check it out!  Click HERE.

And we are in the same site as last year – number 4 – our favorite of course.  Our door opens to a small lawn area and then the woods.  And the trail begins right behind the trees.  I think it is perfect.  We also have a view of the water.  I took Jake over to the water tonight on his walk and watched a cruising sailboat glide along.  I tried to get Jake excited about it but he really had no interest.  Kirby and I always get excited when we see sailboats….it brings back such good memories.

We took a walk along the Palmetto Trail after we got all set up.  Not too long but long enough for us to enjoy the fresh blooming trees and the gorgeous ferns sprouting up everywhere.  And long enough for Jake to encounter a large wild turkey and chase it up into the trees.  Scared the heck out of me and then I was so excited when I realized what it was.  But not as excited as Jake was - he felt really good about himself after that.  Sorry, Turkey, but that is what dogs do.
The Palmetto Trail is just a little bit down this trail which begins right next to our site.   Love this place!
We plan to be here for another two weeks so you will hear more about Buck Hall, I can promise you that!
We had a very nice sunrise while we were staying in the SRC parking lot.  Paper mill on the right and cranes at the loading docks in the background with the mist rising from the warm earth.

No comments: