Friday, April 18, 2014

Full Circle


Thirteen months ago we headed out in our fifth wheel, leaving behind our home of almost 6 years, many friends and our family.  I have no idea how many miles we have traveled but it was A LOT.  Now we are back right where we started from.

We even went back to the same RV park where we spent the winter.  Same management, same bad water and same high prices.  But we were only at Oak Plantation for one night this time and now - now we are parked in the parking lot of the company where I used to work.  And it is pouring rain outside!
This picture was taken yesterday shortly after we got set up.  In the background is the place where I worked as Executive Assistant.  The owner of the property gave us permission to camp here.  It is just over the bridge from our daughter!  It was her idea and I think it is working out quite nicely so far.  First off, some of my former co-workers stopped by for cocktail hour.  And, one of those was my former boss who was/is just one of my very best ever friends. I was so fortunate to be able to work for such an incredible person and it warmed my heart to see him drive up.  I got good hugs from him!

Then it was a quick trip over to my daughter's home.  None of us could wait to see the dogs reaction to seeing each other again after a year.  Let me tell you - they don't forget each other!  They were all so, so happy and excited!  After about 45 minutes they finally slowed down and relaxed. 
Now this is some yellow dogs!  From the left - Socks, Lacy and our Jake. They really do love each other.
The rain has come and will be here for a couple more days.  In the meantime we will sleep here and then hang out at Christie's home.  We are making curry for everyone tomorrow.  I am so happy to be here!

No comments: