Thursday, April 10, 2014

Paul B. Johnson State Park, Mississippi

Beautiful!  This place is just beautiful!  Just look at the mist that covered the lake this morning.  Is this not gorgeous?  I could wake up to this for a long time and not get bored!
The natural beauty of Paul B. Johnson is awesome but the park is not that great.  As much as we are enjoying ourselves here, the park is run down and neglected and that is so sad.  I guess Mississippi is struggling like so many other states and doesn't have the money needed to properly staff this little piece of heaven.  It is also seems to be a very old park.  The roads are really skinny and they are TWO WAY!  Heaven forbid two big rigs going in opposite directions meet!  I don't want to think about it!  The sites are nicely situated but very narrow pads and quite short.  As evidenced by the above picture - the views are wonderful. (We are in site #74)  The bathrooms and showers are a bit neglected but are OK.  We were pleasantly surprised to find laundry facilities which are a great plus for me!  Be forewarned that the road coming in goes through standing water all the time.  The office told me it is not more than 2 - 3 inches.  We made a mistake and came in the back way so avoided the water - we will go back out the same way.  The mistake worked!

And here are some photos that I took today while waiting for the laundry.  (Check out my Laundromat Blog here)
Lots of Muscovy ducks that were a little too friendly for me!  They rather intimidated me!

A squirrel for Jake to chase!

Lots and lots of turtles.

And this was the view from the laundry facility.  Not too shabby!

No comments: