Monday, July 7, 2014

On the Road to Minnesota

Yea, we are moving west!  I never, ever dreamed I would one day be in Minnesota.  Now, granted, we are not touring, just passing through but it is more than just stopping at the airport.  I can really, really say I have been here.  We are in a very small park in Welcome, Minnesota and it is so nice.  Very quiet and simple.  I like it.

The country here is lovely with big farms all over the place.  Like Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin, there is corn growing everywhere.  But in Minnesota the corn is a bit shorter, just like the growing season.  You've got to hand it to the people who live here and endure those long winters.  I could never do it!
We crossed the Mississippi River again, going west this time, and found no pretty bridge, just construction.  The day was misty and dreary but cleared up later.


And we fueled up.  This is a daily occurrence when we are traveling.  About $100 a pop. Not a fun part of our travels!

No comments: