Friday, June 27, 2014

Old Buildings in the Woods



The yellow sign by the door proclaimed that I was not to enter.  I think the fact that there was a huge hole just inside the door may have had something to do with that.  Kirby said it was probably an old oil changing pit.  Makes sense.

Just down the road from our current home in Kentucky is the Veteran’s Memorial Wildlife Management Area.  We made a short visit there today.  It had been a long time since our dog Jake had even been in the truck and I wanted to take some pictures.  Kirby still isn’t up to much walking so we mostly explored by truck with Jake and I getting out for photo ops!

It seems that the whole area is mostly just for deer hunting.  That is what most of the signs led us to believe anyway.  Not only that, but there was young corn growing all over the place – deer corn I am sure.  The area was just typical wild but there were some old structures that I loved getting pictures of!  Here they are - 





No comments: