Friday, June 13, 2014

Amerson Farm

Georgetown, Kentucky



It has been a week now since Kirby had his surgery on his leg and today we went on a big outing!  NOT!  In the office of the RV park I had picked up a flyer for a local place called Amerson Farm that sounded like not too much to overwhelm Kirby yet some interesting stuff to enjoy, like a huge selection of Case Knives, some local chocolates and Beer Cheese, rock collections and old glass.
We headed out and set the GPS to get us there.  We drove right by the place because all we saw were sheds for sale and some rental trucks.  We turned around and decided to go where the GPS told us to go!  It was behind some trees and I didn't see any farm so at first we were a bit confused.  It sure didn’t look like what we expected.

We went in the first little shack and found no one around.  I poked around a bit and found some Mexican items, The Big Green Egg and other interesting things.  This is where the old glass was housed.


It only took a couple of minutes in there and we went to see what the other building held.  Ah, here is where the Case Knives were!  Beautiful, beautiful knives.  I couldn’t find one that wasn’t a work of art.  And of course my pictures didn’t turn out because they were all behind glass.  No touching!  It was a small place where they also rented the trucks and sold the sheds.  There were dogs everywhere – at least 5.  I wanted Kirby to choose a knife as his Father’s Day gift but he was too practical and left without one but not before buying some Beer Cheese.


We brought the cheese home and immediately dipped into it to see what all the to-do was about.  Yum! I loved it! It is supposed to go on crackers but for me, a spoon worked just fine!  I found a good sounding recipe on Allrecipes and want to try it when I get a food processor again.  (Click here to go to the recipe.) If you try it, let me know what you think.  From what I read, you really can only find it in Kentucky.

No comments: