Monday, June 16, 2014

Guns and Cars



What would we do without our GPS?  How on earth did we ever find our way around before?  A couple of weeks ago I got so mad at ours that we retired her and got a new one.  This one is a Garmin and her voice is so awesome.  So far she has known about each place I wanted to go – unlike the last one who just kept failing me!  So, she has made it quite easy for us to venture into the city and find our way around on all the little country back roads.
Yesterday we went into Lexington to the Gun and Knife show at Lexington Center  in the Heritage Hall.  Of course our new GPS didn’t know where to tell us to park so we explored a bit more than we wanted to.  Kirby’s leg really wasn’t up to that much walking but he is a good sport and I didn’t have to carry him.

It was my first Gun Show and Kirby paid $10 each for us to be able to look at all those guns and knives.  I really did like the knives the best.  I had quite a few guns when I was young and don’t give a hoot about them now.  I didn’t take many photos and only used my pocket camera.  Last thing I needed was someone getting all bent out of shape because I was taking pictures!  Not being Kentucky residents we couldn’t buy any guns but it was fun to see what all the fuss is about.  I do believe in our right to own and bear arms.  I just don’t need to do it myself.  It certainly looks like a money maker!
Today we visited the huge Toyota plant that is located here in Georgetown, Kentucky on about 1,300 acres.  I was duly impressed.  Of course I had never seen cars built before but wow, do they know a thing or two about Process!  It was an incredible tour but I was not allowed to bring my camera.  Not even cell phones were allowed on the 45 minute tram ride all around the factory.  It was totally free and I sure would recommend it if you are ever in this area.

No comments: