Friday, May 9, 2014

Lake Hartwell State Park - Day 1

This is our campsite!  All the fresh green trees are amazing.  I don't think anyone can see into our picnic area - it is so private.  I will try to keep my clothes on anyway....my body is pretty old!

I noticed yesterday when we arrived that there was a trail from our site towards the water but I didn't explore it until today.  We have our own little beach where, if we had them, we could launch canoes or kayaks.

It is cloudy out today so the pictures aren't too good.  I will keep trying to get good ones.

And speaking of good pictures, here is a favorite.  I was afraid Jake would go into a funk when we left Buck Hall but he seems to really like it here.  And, yes, there are some squirrels for him!
My grandson, Casey is graduating today from Clemson University.  That is the reason we are here.  We will be gathering with the family later today to celebrate!!

No comments: