Thursday, May 8, 2014

Arrival at Lake Hartwell State Park

The trees are too thick.  I couldn't back up far enough to get a good picture.  That is not a bad thing!!


We departed Buck Hall this morning and were rather sad to leave to say the least.  But our trip to Lake Hartwell State Park was uneventful although bumpy.  It took about five and a half hours which included two stops at rest areas and a fuel stop.  Oh and one almost U-turn when I had Kirby exit the freeway one exit too soon.  Easily fixed by just getting right back on!

Our campsite here is beautiful.  I opted for the privacy of the forest rather than a view of the water so our site is quite large.  The park seems a bit old, the roads are paved but skinny and tight.  Kirby did an awesome job of getting us onto this narrow pad.  We have a picnic table and a fire ring.  There is firewood available at the office for almost $6 a bundle!  Highway robbery!  But we will probably buy some.

My sister and brother-in-law are coming tomorrow and will be one site over from us.  I can’t wait to see them again!  We will enjoy a barbeque and campfire.

It was getting pretty warm out in the hot sun while we were getting all set up so I offered to share my Coast Bull Bay Oyster Stout with Kirby after we finished.
These little flowers sort of took my breath away when I spotted them right behind our camper.  It looks like little stars painted right on the leaves, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those little flowers will turn into beautiful hearts a bursting, which is the name of the plant. Google it. I just love them, have one at home. The Indians used to use them for arrows and the branches are so straight. I love watching the progression of this plant to it's final burst. Sister Patti