Thursday, May 22, 2014

Asheville, NC

We took a short trip into Asheville in search of another good brew.  I actually forgot my camera in the truck and didn't want to go back for it so I missed the first part of our outing and our lunch at the Bier Garden.  Food and brews were just OK.  I think Kirby is done with his search because he has not been able to find anything to compare with Coast Brewing Hop Art or Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, which are his two favorites. 

After our walk around we stopped by the truck and picked up my camera so I did get some pictures for you.  Wandering around in Asheville is just so much fun!  You never know what you are going to find around the next corner.
This Coffee Shop was the first thing we saw as we rounded the corner from the parking lot.

Tie Dye is well and alive in a hippy-ish town like Asheville.

Mast General Store has to be on any visitor's "must see" list.



I wanted this chair but it wouldn't fit in our camper!

The store is just like you remember from your childhood with a grand staircase in the middle of the store leading to the lower level and more shopping.

Another fun street view.  Should we be thinking about our Halloween costumes so soon?

And then we happened upon Bruisin' Ales on Broadway.  This place made Kirby so happy as they had his favorite, Optimum!  Yes, we took some home with us.


No comments: