Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Success Lake Campground

We are really enjoying our visit to Success Lake (COE Campground) near Porterville, CA.  We continue to be the only campers on this side of the park.  There are about 4 or five on the other side which is newer and has more highway noise.  We are in Site 94 which is a pull-thru with plenty of space, a picnic table and a fire ring.  The showers are nearby and I used one yesterday because it looked so nice.  I was not wrong!  It was the best shower I have had since I left my house behind the first of December.  I will be heading up there in just a few minutes to enjoy it once again.  Lots and lots of hot water in a very clean and private space.
This is the view out our window.  We spend each afternoon sitting in the shade of the pear tree.  There was a hose and sprinkler going when we arrived.  No one came to move it or turn it off so we moved it around to green up our little area.  It ran all night too.  Finally someone took it away.
Just look at that long shadow.  I took a walk with Jake when the sun was just coming up.  Awesome time here!
This is the view across the lake.  There are boaters out all the time fishing mostly.  I love all the vistas! And we haven't had much wind which seemed to have plagued us the past couple of months.  I guess the windy season has passed.
At each stop it seems that Kirby has to fix something.  This time it was the hitch.  Brand new this past October.  I personally believe that the problem was a result of all the bad roads we have traveled that just shake the livin' bejeebers out of everything.  Fortunately for me and for Kirby and Jake, Kirby is very capable of fixing things.  But that doesn't mean that is how he wants to spend his time.  But just think if we had had to try to find someone to repair this before we could leave.  We might have been literally pushed out of our space as there is someone coming in the day we leave!  I guess this is the way RV life is but I sure hope all of our bad luck ends soon.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Suzie,

Your post on June 5, 2013 has some great pictures. I was wondering if you allow me to use one of the photos in a production I am working on for the City of Porterville. Thank you in advance for your help. I can be reached at jridenour@ci.porterville.ca.us.

Thank you,
Jason Ridenour