Thursday, January 31, 2013

Divesting

When we first moved to Charleston from our sailboat we had an old van filled with our only belongings.  I went shopping for a job and the day after I signed an offer letter we went out and purchased this commuter car.  I didn't really like it.  The glove box wouldn't stay closed, the windows sometimes didn't work and you never knew if you would be able to get the key out of the ignition!  But it always ran like a champ.  I didn't really think I would ever bond with it like I have some of my cars.  I actually never even named it.

But today when I walked away with cash in my pocket and no keys, I felt like crying.  Go figure - it is a stupid car!  And it is gone now!  We are that much closer to being free of belongings and on the road to our adventure!

I will get a rental car to use until we leave - then I will HAVE to learn to drive that great big truck!

No comments: