Thursday, March 13, 2014

Predeparture Update




A picture of our fifth wheel on the lot where we have spent the winter.
We will be leaving Yuma the end of this month and heading back east.  Kirby has been working on all the systems and I have been cleaning, sorting and organizing the cupboards.  We are excited to get out on the road again.

Our semi plan for this year is to return to South Carolina where we started a year ago.  We have a grandson who will be graduating from Clemson University in May.  We plan to arrive there a couple of weeks before in order to enjoy family and friends in the area and also spend some time at one of our favorite places, Buck Hall Recreation Area, which is on the Intracoastal Waterway.  After that we will slowly head north and west and we don’t have any idea of our route.  We plan to finish the season back here in Yuma.  I am so excited!

Kirby has been adjusting the brakes on the rig, installing an antennae for our wifi and modifying all the electric to complement the new solar panels.  He “practices” with the solar panels during the daytime so I guess we are saving electric!  All the storage under the rig has been emptied, cleaned and reorganized.  We will be leaving a few things here in storage.  (We acquired a table and 8 chairs!

As I have mentioned before, we take almost daily walks in the desert as it is so handy to us.  This week we went a little later than usual plus the sun is finally coming up a little earlier so we went after the sun crested the hills.  I took my camera a got some panorama pictures of the area.  (I just love it that Arizona does not participate in daylight savings time as it does NOT SAVE any daylight!)
This is not the best but I tried to put three photos together to show the view from the hills back down to the foothills where we are staying.
 
I circled our home.


Long morning shadow.

There really is a lot of vegetation, just not what most people prefer.  I happen to love it!