Friday, March 28, 2014

Catalina State Park, AZ

I just realized that I never posted about Catalina State Park.  We left this morning and really enjoyed our stay there.  We needed to get on our way because we have a schedule and we have a due date to be in Charleston for Easter.  If not, we would have stayed longer.  We took a couple of short walk/hikes and a couple of bike rides.  We didn't even begin to see the park. 

When I called at the last minute to see if they had room for us the park ranger said he could put us in a site with no hook-ups for the first night and then we could move to another spot with electric and water for the next two nights.  We grabbed it up!

Our first site really was beautiful.  Difficult to get into and a bit short for us but private and lovely.
We got all settled and headed off to see our friends Mac and Consuelo and our day with them at Oracle State Park.  By the time we got back, we were tired and the wind was blowing and it was cold out (by our standards) so we didn't really get to enjoy the setting.  Then next day we watched the folks in our next space until they left and then quickly hitched up and moved.  We would have stayed in this first place but someone had it reserved so we had no choice but to move.  The next site was easy to get into as it was a pull-through but was much more open and just "in a row" with all the other RV's.  But it still was a large space and very nice.
We needed the remainder of the day just to vegg. And so that was what we did.  Then on Thursday morning we headed out for Jake's morning walk.  I loved it!  I will share some of my photos with you here so you can see what we enjoyed so much!



The above photo is something that kind of made me crazy.  This park has an equestrian center and they must get a lot of horses because all of the trails near the park are totally ruined by them.  These large animals tear up the trails and leave them pure sand or dusty dirt.  AND they leave their poopy all over the place.  Now, I have a dog and I am required to clean up after him.  But the horses poop all over the trails and I had to walk around it all the time.  I think they should be required to wear a poopy bag like they do in cities and also STAY OFF at least some of the trails and leave them nice hard packed trails for old people like me!  What do you think?

No comments: