Saturday, May 11, 2013

Doings in Yuma


We are enjoying our life here in the deserts of Yuma, Arizona.  The best part has been having my sister and her husband RIGHT HERE!  Well, since we are sitting on their property, we better like having them right next to us, hadn’t we!  But we are alone now.   They left for home in Jackson Hole, Wyoming a couple of days ago and it just seems so lonely without them.  And Jake can’t figure out how that whole “house”, the people and the dogs just disappeared!  We had him in the house when they left so he wouldn’t get underfoot and when he came out, they were just GONE!  He was quite mystified for a full day but has forgotten all about them now!
That's me on the left and my sister, Joan, on the right.

















We had dinner together each night – often outside in the shade of the gazebo.  We are trying to get the cover of the gazebo to make it through until we leave!  I mean, what are a couple of holes?  There is still some shade!  (did I mention that the wind blows all the time here?)


We went for Mexican food one night also.  I ate SO much that I think I have finally settled down in my cravings for it.  I love Mexican food that is all mushed together with rice and beans.  I got tamale, enchilada and taco.  My favorite combination – and No, I didn’t eat it all but I gave it a good try!


And speaking of food – this morning we had breakfast with an old friend of Kirby’s and his wife.  Michael and Linda have lived in Yuma for 13 years but Kirby and Michael grew up together in Taft, CA.  They had not seen each other since the late ‘50’s!  They reconnected on Facebook and guess what – we all got together and it feels like we have known each other forever!
Michael on the left and Kirby on the right.

No comments: