Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ready to Go

This is the view from our back window today.  Not beautiful but not crowded either!  We have thick gravel and lots of grass.  To the right is the laundry room and if it quits raining, I may do some wash!
What a busy day we had yesterday!  We were up at the crack of dawn to get Myrt over to Camping World by 8:00 AM.  They never bothered to tell us if they could make the repair in one day or not so we also had to pack our things to stay at Christie’s if needed.  And – neither one of us had slept very well.  KOA in Ladson is just YUK!  It is the dirtiest place and I just kept having nightmares of having to go back there for another day to wait for weather.  Kirby was tossing and turning about the tight quarters we were in and getting out of there.  It is a terribly congested park.  But we were out by 8:00 and over to CW right on time!

We were pleasantly surprised when informed that Myrt would be ready by 11:30.  So, we headed off to Denny’s for breakfast and to decide what to do with 2 hours.  Wannamaker Park has lots of trails and it was nearby so off we went.   Years ago I had been there with Christie and the boys but Kirby and I had never been.  It is a wonderful park!!  Lots of trails, ponds, a waterpark, playground equipment and a dog park too!  So Jake also had a good time!

At breakfast we had called Oak Plantation and told them we were coming back!  So here we sit at the same campground we were at all winter but this time we are in a pull-through near the entrance of the park.  We will be off tomorrow after the rain.  We are retired – can’t see going out there in the rain in order to get underway!

I guess this is where I say how much I am going to miss my daughter.  She has been a delight to me from the day she was born and these past years living near each other have been so very fantastic!  When she moved to Charleston I didn’t think we would ever live near each other again.  So, never say never.  Who would have believed that we would spend 4 years just a half mile apart and then almost 2 more only 20 minutes apart?  It may happen again – who knows!  I will miss the whole family – Christie, her husband, Michael, the boys – Brendan and Casey and my two terrific granddogs – Socks and Lacey!  See you in about a year!

2 comments:

p@ said...

hey! it's your old camp host pat (p@) and i've found you now...looks great1

Linda Little said...

Suzie, I am crying with you as you leave Christie (and the rest of the family) today!