Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lake Hartwell State Park, SC

Kirby did a fantastic job of getting us on this little RV pad.  It was a tight squeeze.


As we left the Charleston area yesterday, I told Kirby that I felt that I was on a holiday again, just like when we were at Buck Hall last week.  Next thing I know, Kirby is singing, “Life’s a holiday on Primrose Lane”!  Now I just want to be singing that all the time and I want to rename Myrt, Primrose, but I won’t!  I am just having so much fun, this can’t just be everyday life can it?  Surely it is a holiday?  And guess what, the fun continues!

We got away by 9 am just as we planned, went to the weigh station just like the big trucks and got ourselves weighed.  Kirby made me stay in the truck with Jake so our weight was included!!  Yikes, that will tip the scale!  Our overall weight was perfect but our truck is a little on the heavy side because of the tools Kirby brought.  Will he need them???  I don’t know.  (I think you could read this - My overall weight was perfect but my butt is a little on the heavy side.)

By 3:15 we were all set up at Lake Hartwell State Park.  The park is just one mile from Georgia and near Clemson University so we will get to visit with Casey, our grandson.

I can’t believe this place!  There are over 100 campsites and we are THE ONLY ONES here! It feels like a ghost town – but we LOVE it!  The leaves haven’t even begun to bud here and all is brown and grey but the quiet is awesome.  No sirens, no trucks, no motorcycles – all that noise we have lived with for the past 3 months.  (Since it is so brown here I decided to do all the photos in B&W)

Oh, and you have to remember that we are from the Lowcountry….we don’t have hills of any type.  Poor Jake, our dog, just stood for the longest time looking down.  He won’t leave the flat pad – too funny!

You can see us through the trees.  Notice there are NO other campers here.

We took a quick stroll down to look at the water.  This must be gorgeous in the summer.

More empty spaces.  Really - there is NO ONE but us!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Black and white is a good choice!