Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fall Update

I have had a few complaints that I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would write a little update on what we have been doing the past few weeks.  First off let me say that we are loving living in Yuma, Arizona.  I really didn't know if I would like it since it is so "BROWN".  But there is a lot that makes up for that.  I absolutely love the sky.  It is big, it is blue, the stars are vivid and the sunsets and sunrises are stunning!  I love the open spaces, the fun friendly people, the great shopping and more.
We begin each day by walking Jake, our dog.  Then we get on our bikes and ride all over our neighborhood for an hour or so.  No hills!  An "old person's" dream!  All the homes are different so we never tire of the views.  I am really into this retirement thing!  Yuma has a few "Flea Markets" where you can get everything and anything you might desire from food to clothing, to furniture to cute little gadgets that you never knew you needed.  It is great entertainment!  Oh, and we found a pub downtown with about 20 different brews on tap.  What a great find - we will certainly go back.

My daughter and I have birthdays just a few days apart so in order to celebrate like we are used to I flew back to Charleston, SC to visit with my wonderful family.  We had such a good time visiting, taking walks, getting a steam bath, visiting with friends, watching TV together, lunching out and shopping.  It was wonderful to be back with them after all these months.  (Kirby and Jake stayed home and kept the home fires burning!)

We have made some friends in Yuma and were invited to a great costume party for Halloween.  We had a blast coming up with our costumes - Trailer Trash!
Our bestest friends from Nova Scotia, Canada, Rick and Tanya, came for a long weekend and we exhausted ourselves trying to pack so much into three days.

So, as you can see, we have been keeping busy in Yuma.  I will try to update regularly so you won't get discouraged!


1 comment:

Joe, Kathy & Boston said...

I agree with you about Yuma!!! I never thought I would want to visit there, much less live there. Last year we went to visit my brother and liked it so much that we bought a house after 3 days!!!' We are now in the process of retiring so we can move to Yuma and spend time in the travel trailer seeing the beautiful state. Good luck on your travels.